The Orbital Period of an object is the time required for the object to complete one orbit around its Orbital Parent. The Orbital Period of an object on a parabolic or hyperbolic trajectory (where Eccentricity >= 1) is undefined, and this property will be read-only.
Orbital Period can be viewed and editing using the following units:
- Gigayears (G years) = 109 years
- Megayears (M years) = 106 years
- Years (years) = 365.25 days
- Months (months) = 1/12 years
- Days (days) = 24 hours
- Hours (hours) = 60 mins
- Minutes (mins) = 60 sec
- Seconds (sec) is the SI base unit for time
Changing the Orbital Period of an object will change the size of its orbit (specifically, the Semi-Major Axis of the orbit).